Rocketry is an inherently dangerous activity. Objects often fall from the sky, sometimes at a very high speed. We have rules and procedures to make this activity as safe for everyone as possible, but bad things can happen if the rules are not followed. Everyone attending must understand and follow these rules to ensure safety:
1. Alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs are strictly prohibited on site at all times. If you are caught with alcohol or illegal drugs on site or show up intoxicated, you will be asked to leave. Smoking is permitted only in the spectator area. Smoking is not allowed within 25 feet of flight prep, check-in, vendor, or flying areas.
2. Please DO NOT bring any radio-controlled toys to the flying site due to the use of radio control devices in rockets and aircraft. ALL radio-controlled toys/devices will be impounded!
3. Pets are not allowed at this event. If you have a pet, please make arrangements to keep your pet at home.
4. Overnight camping is not permitted on Beeville Municipal Airport Property. BBQ grills and camp stoves are also not permitted.
5. Parking will be on a first come first serve basis. Please do not park in any areas designated for vendors, launch administration personnel, or handicapped attendees and do not block any road in or out of the airport.
6. RV motor homes and large trailers must park in designated rows.
7. Do not drive wheeled vehicles in the spectator area. This includes ATV’s, bicycles, tricycles, etc.
8. Please drive slowly within the parking areas. A vehicle moving fast can be VERY dangerous to pedestrians and raise a surprising amount of annoying dust!
9. Please leave the airport personnel alone. We don’t want to intrude on them.
10. Parents please keep your children under control and be sure they understand these rules. DO NOT allow your children to chase rockets down anywhere. DO NOT allow your children to pick up ot touch rockets anywhere unless they are instructed to do so by the RSO/LCO.
11. All children under the age of 16 years old are to be supervised at all times by their parents/guardians.
12. Children under 18 years of age are NOT permitted beyond the spectator area unless under the DIRECT supervision of an adult or under flight instruction.
13. Pay attention! Every flight is potentially dangerous to you and your family. If the Range Safety Officer/Launch Control Officer (RSO/LCO) yells “Heads up!” he means it! If you hear “Heads Up” and/or an air horn blasting it means that a rocket, or parts of it, are falling into the spectator/parking area. GET UP, SCAN THE SKY and make sure that you or the people near you are not under the falling object!
14. If the RSO/LCO announces a flight as a “Heads Up” flight, that means get on your feet and pay attention until the rocket’s recovery device deploys or until the rocket is ON the ground.
15. Do not attempt to catch any rocket as it lands. Even a small rocket can cause an injury.
16. Please use only the provided porta pottie facilities and do not throw trash into the komodes!
17. Please keep control of your trash. We are here at the generosity of the City of Beeville and the Beeville Municipal Airport. Please be respectful of OUR HOSTS! Trash blowing around on the ground can severely damage aircraft engines. Remember to pick up all your trash and put it in the supplied trash recepticles before you leave! Do not throw it or leave on the ground.
18. If you smoke, DO NOT THROW CIGARETTE BUTTS ON THE GROUND! Put them in your pocket, in an empty soft drink can or some other safe container. As Smokey Bear would say, "Remember, only you can prevent grass fires."